In order to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Leasebusters has created a
personal information is handled both appropriately and pursuant to the direction which was represented.
Leasebusters has several departments and business models
that require personal information from clients and
participants. The extent of the personal information
required varies from department to department. The
following business model breakdown will identify the
information that may be required in order to successfully
conduct business with Leasebusters
Vehicle Sales/Vehicle Leases/Vehicle Finance Agreements
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Email address and fax number
- A credit card number
- Personal banking information
- Information of your driving habits (type of vehicle, kilometers driven annually etc).
- Information of your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in.
- Details of your vehicle and its service history.
- Your drivers license number
- The name of your insurance company, policy number, agent and telephone number.
- Your date of birth and/or date of birth of other members of your family
- Your Social Insurance Number
- Financial and credit information (specific information as set out in the application for credit documents).
- The principle amount of your loan, interest rate and repayment schedule.
personal information identified above may be used by
Leasebusters to provide products and to perform services
that are requested by you (the client). We may also
disclose this information to third parties such as financial
institutions, credit reporting agencies, insurance companies
and extended warranty agencies. Your personal information
will only be forwarded with your permission and direction
pursuant to the products and services requested.
Lease-Take-Over (LTO) Pre-registration and Registration
- Your name, phone number(s) and email address
- Your city of residence and postal code
- Your current leased vehicle information (year, make, model, equipment level, etc)
- The lease parameters attached to your vehicle.
- The leasing company and original selling dealership information.
- Any other pertinent information that will assist the Leasebusters LTO program in successfully remarketing
your existing leased vehicle.
retaining Leasebusters (formally registering) to remarket
your vehicle, consult with prospective buyers and promote
your leased vehicle, you have consented to the disclosure of
the information described above to any party interested,
verbally, on our website, as well as in any marketing media
we may choose.
- Your name, phone number(s) and email address
- The city and province you reside in.
- Information about the car(s) you are looking for, the
desired monthly payment, the desired term and your
timeline attached to acquiring a vehicle.
- Your personal perspective about your credit rating.
up on our hot-buyers list you are consenting to the display
of some of your information on our website and receive
information about the availability of vehicles that match
your requested requirements. Furthermore, you are
consenting to allow Leasebusters sales representatives and
or authorized agents and dealer affiliates to either
electronically or formally (telephone) contact you with
available vehicles that match your requested requirements.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
personal information that Leasebusters collects will not be
used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it
was collected, unless the individual consents, or unless the
use or disclosure is required by law. Personal information
will only be retained by Leasebusters long enough to fulfill
those purposes or as required by law, after which it will be
Safeguards & Storage
Leasebusters has security safeguards currently in place to
ensure that personal information is not used or disclosed
inappropriately. All personal information we collect is
stored securely and is accessible only by our staff as
necessary to serve our clients. Personal information is
kept by us as required during ongoing transactions or as we
are required to by tax or other laws.
Leasebusters is dedicated to protecting your privacy and
safeguarding the personal information we collect.
Furthermore, we do not collect personal information without
you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal
information, you will be permitted to doing so by
either clicking on an “unsubscribe” link on any of
the automated emails that LeaseBusters sends out OR
you can simply email us at
[email protected] with your request.
USE – A Final Overview
Leasebusters may use the personal and financial information
you supply to communicate with you, process applications and
to provide the products and services you have requested.
Leasebusters only uses personal information for the purposes
that we have disclosed to you. If for any reason your
information is required to fulfill a different purpose, we
will first notify you and ask for your consent.
your consent will we share information with associated
businesses or suppliers who offer automotive related
services or products which may be of interest to you.
Otherwise, we will not share personal information about you
with other parties unless it is necessary to provide the
services or products you request, or if we are required to
do so by law.
would prefer not to receive information about special offers
promoting our products and services, please let us know.
you provide us may be used to compile statistics which are
non-specific to you and do not identify you, in order that
we may improve our service to you.
Questions, comments or concerns
If you have
personal information, you may contact our Privacy Officer:
- Mr. Jim Matthews, General Manager
- Phone number: 905-629-2270 Ext: 223
- Toll Free: 1-888-357-2678 Ext: 223
- Fax: 905-629-3299
- Email: [email protected]